“Can you play the Oculus Quest 2 while it’s charging?” People ask me this question all the time. That’s why I have created this amazing post. So let’s go.
This gadget makes people addicted as it provides amazing content such as movies and games. These activities consume a lot of battery. But the materials are of such high quality that users are forced to use the Quest 2 while charging.
But it’s safe to use the Oculus Search 2 while it’s charging.
Oculus Quest 2 has many features and its battery quality is amazing. A user can easily play games on their Quest 2 while it’s on charging. However according to the company you should not use the device while it on charging mode. As it will reduce the battery life of the Quest 2.
Pros And Cons Of Charging Oculus Quest 2 During Use
Using Oculus 2 while charging is an individual decision. However, you must know the pros and cons of charging Oculus Quest 2 during use:-
- Using the Quest 2 while it’s on charging allows you to enjoy the content without interrupting your experience.
- It is useful when you are steaming content on Quest 2.
- Battery life may be affected while you are using the Oculus Quest 2
- The charging process may be slower than if the headset was not in use
- Using the Quest 2 while it is charging may cause the headset to become warm
- Using the Quest 2 while it is charging may void the manufacturer’s warranty
- May not be suitable for all users depending on their needs and preferences.
READ MORE:- How Long Does The Oculus Quest 2 Battery Last
Is It Safe To Use Quest 2 While It’s Charging?
Yes, it is safe to use Oculus Quest 2 while it is charging. There is no such case recorded that confirms that you cannot use Quest 2 while it’s in charging mode. However according to the company and another tech specialist you must make sure the charging cable is properly inserted and secure.
What To Avoid While Charging and Using Qculus 2?
As long as you follow these precautions, you can use your Quest 2 safely while it is charging.
It is generally safe to use Oculus Quest 2 while it is charging. However, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure the best experience and avoid any potential issues.
- First, the Oculus Quest 2 requires a high-quality charging cord and adapter that are made expressly for it. Using a poor-quality or inadequately sized charger can harm the device or be dangerous. A smart tip is to keep the Oculus Quest 2 unplugged when it is in use. This is due to fraying or other damage to the adapter or charging cable.
- Second, the Oculus Quest 2 should not be left near water or other liquids while it is charging. Using the device when it is plugged in near water could possibly result in a short circuit, which could harm the gadget or even start a fire because water and electricity do not mix.
- Thirdly, if the Oculus Quest 2 or the charging cord is overheated, it is wise to refrain from using it while it is charging. This can be a sign that there’s a potential issue with the gadget or the charging cable. Utilizing the Oculus Quest 2 in this scenario can exacerbate the damage already done or even be dangerous.
- Fourth, if the Oculus Quest 2 is charging improperly or not at all, it is advised to avoid using it while it is doing so. This could be a sign that there is a problem with the appliance, power cable, or outlet. Using the Oculus Quest 2 in this scenario may increase the damage that has already been done or may even be dangerous.
READ MORE:- Can You Watch Movies In Oculus Quest 2?
Can You Charge An Oculus Quest 2 With a Portable Power Bank?
You can charge the Oculus Quest 2 with a portable power bank. However, it is best to use a power bank that is capable of providing enough power to support both charging and usage at the same time. It is recommended that you check the power bank’s specifications and compare them to Oculus Quest 2’s power requirements before using it to power the headset.
However, according to Meta (Company), it is not recommended that you charge Qculus using a portable power bank. This is because it consumes a lot of power, which a portable power bank does not possess.
Also, portable power banks will reduce the battery life of the Oculus which will cost you too much. So don’t try connecting your VR to these portable banks.
But a few people try to connect power banks to their VR devices so they can use them while charging.
READ MORE:- Is Oculus Quest 2 Bad For Eyes & Brain?
It is generally safe to use the Oculus Quest 2 while it is charging, but it is imperative to use a high-quality charging cable and adapter, avoid using the device near water or other liquids, avoid using the device if it is overheating, and avoid using the device if it is not charging properly. Following these guidelines can help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience with the Oculus Quest 2.