If you also wondering how to use the mic on oculus quest 2 then. Look no further!
In this article, I have covered everything you need to know about the Quest 2 microphone, including how to set it up, how to use it for voice chat and other VR experiences, and how to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
We’ll also provide tips on getting the most out of your Quest 2 microphone, whether you’re playing games, using social apps, or just chatting with friends.
How Mute Oculus Quest 2 Microphone?
The steps you provided are correct for muting the microphone on the Oculus Quest 2. To summarize:
- Press the Oculus button on the right controller to open the universal menu
- Select “Settings” (gear icon)
- Select “Device” from the left panel
- Use the right thumbstick to scroll to the “Mute Microphone” setting
- Select “Mute Microphone” to toggle it on or off
When the toggle is blue, the microphone is muted and no one will be able to hear you. When the toggle is gray, the microphone is unmuted and you will be able to use it for voice input in apps that support it.
READ MORE: How To Use Hand Tracking On Oculus Quest?
Can I Call Someone on Oculus?
Yes, it is possible to call someone using the Oculus Quest 2. However, there is no dedicated app for making phone calls on the device. Instead, you can use third-party apps that support voice or video calls, such as Facebook Messenger or Zoom.
Download apps from the Oculus Store and use them to make calls on the Oculus Quest 2.
To do this, you’ll need a compatible headset with a microphone, such as the Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap with Integrated Audio or the Oculus Quest 2 Link Cable.
Using these headphones or a separate microphone, you can initiate a call through an app like Facebook Messenger or Zoom by selecting the appropriate option in the app and following the on-screen instructions.
Remember that the call quality on the Oculus Quest 2 may not be as good as on a smartphone, due to the limitations of the device’s hardware and software.
However, using a headset specifically designed for the Oculus Quest 2 can help improve the overall experience.
READ MORE: Can You Lose Weight With Oculus Quest 2 Exercise Games?
What To Do When Your Oculus Quest 2 Microphone Isn’t Working?
If your Oculus Quest 2 microphone is not working, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Restart the device: The first thing you should try is restarting the device. This can sometimes resolve minor issues with the microphone. To restart the Oculus Quest 2, press and hold the power button on the device for a few seconds until the power menu appears. Then, select “Restart” and follow the prompts to restart the device.
- Clean the microphone: If the microphone is not working properly, it could be because dirt or sweat is blocking the opening. To clean the microphone, turn off the device and use a dry, clean cloth to gently wipe away any dirt or debris from the opening. Avoid using water or other cleaning solutions, as this could damage the device.
- Check for software updates: If the microphone is still not working after restarting the device and cleaning the microphone, you may want to check for software updates. To do this, select “Settings” from the main menu, then select “Device” and “Software Update” to check for any available updates. Installing the latest updates can sometimes fix issues with the microphone.
- Contact customer support: If none of the above steps fix the issue, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance. You can find contact information for Oculus support on the company’s website.
READ MORE: 16 Ways To Fix Oculus Quest 2 Air Link Lag In Seconds
Can You Connect the External Mic On Oculus Quest 2?
You are correct that the Oculus Quest 2 does not have a built-in option for connecting an external microphone.
However, you can use an external microphone with the device if it is connected to your PC and you are using Oculus Link, Air Link, or Virtual Desktop to stream games to the Quest 2.
In this case, the external microphone will be recognized and can be used for voice input in supported apps.
The built-in microphone on the Oculus Quest 2 is generally of decent quality and should be sufficient for most purposes.
However, if you are experiencing problems with the microphone not working or not being recognized, you may want to try cleaning it or checking for software updates.
If you need help with these steps, you may need to contact customer support for further assistance.
Tips For Using The Microphone Effectively?
Here are a few tips for using the microphone effectively in VR games and apps:
- Test the microphone before using it: Before using the microphone in a game or app, it’s a good idea to test it to make sure it’s working properly. You can do this by saying “Hey Oculus” to bring up the voice command menu, or by trying to use the microphone in a social app like Oculus Rooms or Parties.
- Speak clearly and at a moderate volume: Make sure to speak clearly and at a moderate volume when using the microphone. Shouting or talking too softly can make it difficult for others to understand you.
- Avoid background noise: If possible, try to minimize background noise when using the microphone. This will make it easier for others to hear you and reduce distractions.
- Use voice commands: Many VR games and apps support voice commands, which can be a convenient and immersive way to interact with the virtual world. Familiarize yourself with the voice commands that are available in the app you’re using to make the most of this feature.
READ MORE: Is Oculus Quest 2 Waterproof?
Does Oculus Quest Have Voice Command?
Oculus Quest 2 has a voice command feature that can be accessed by double-tapping the Oculus button on the controller.
This will bring up the voice command menu, which allows you to use a variety of voice commands to perform various actions on the device, such as launching apps, taking screenshots, and more.